Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Check Up


We finally had our 2 month check up...about two weeks late!! Oh well, we wanted to see a certain doctor and she was on vacation so we just waited. Ava is now a whopping 9 pounds 1 ounce and she is 21 inches long--holy cow! She is in the 10th percentile for both height and weight--which shows she is growing appropriately. I don't think we will ever see the 90th percentile like Ava's future boyfriend Cole, but that is fine! She will just be a petite little girl!


The immunizations were terrible, she showed off her amazing lung power for a while after the nurses gave her the shots. I now have a whole new perspective on giving babies shots!


I went back to work this weekend. It was so hard to leave her, I cried the whole way there. I decided I better pull myself together when the valet guy at the entrance to the hospital made a comment on how it didn't look like I was ready to be at work! He had no idea how right he was!! But it was good to use my brain again and see my friends. Plus, I got to show off her pictures and talk about her all night long. That made things go by much faster!


My mom retired from teaching after 36 years and has moved into her new house. We are so happy to have her close by! She watched Ava on Monday morning until I got home from work. It all worked out perfectly. We are so lucky to have her as Ava's babysitter! Plus, Ava loves being with her grandma...she is so much fun! She has so many plans for the games her and Ava will play, I am not sure Ava will ever want to stay home with her parents!!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

You most certainly are getting to be a beautiful little girl, Miss Ava Renee!!