Monday, April 14, 2008

The PARTY!!!


















Ava had an awesome 1st birthday party and received really wonderful gifts. We have to thank everyone for sharing such a great day with us!!! I will make sure she knows that many people care about her and love her. She really had a blast!! So far she loves her new toys, she can hardly decide what to play with first! My sister got her this beautiful photo frame with a quote that melts my heart, but I haven't found the perfect photo to put in there yet. I will show it off when I decide which picture is the one!

An update on Ava's activities...she is walking better and better each day. She LOVES to climb on anything that will (or won't) hold her, she jibber-jabbers all day long, talking to anyone and anything that will listen, she has a new phone that she holds up to her ear and says "HI!" to when it makes noise, and she now has 12 teeth. FOUR molars seemed to appear out of the blue sometime this past week. She has a rash on her face from the overwhelming drool that came with these teeth, but it is improving with diligent application of aquaphor!

At her 1 year appointment she weighed 17 pounds and was 28 inches tall!! (Still 3rd percentile for weight, but 10th for height!) Her head has been and continues to be in the 75th to 80th percentile. We just say it is because she has so many brains in there!! She is just amazing and wonderful and perfect. We love her so much!

We had her pictures taken for the 1 year milestone and I will post the link as soon as I receive it. I am sure the photographer did a wonderful job!! I can't wait to see them!!

4 comments:

amy said...

Everything was great for the big birthday. The birthday girl was so happy and smiling and you could tell she knew it was her day. We had fun invading your house and spending some time with all of you even that darn Nick. Can't wait to see when daddy puts together her present from the Miller Family. Fun for everyone. Happy Birthday once again sweet girl.

Patti Maravolo said...

What a beautiful little girl! We love Ava! I posted even more pics since you last checked. Can you believe it? Love and hugs-Patti and Marissa

Unknown said...

Nick and Erin, I am enjoying getting to see pictures of Ava. She is a beautiful little girl that looks just like her daddy. It is so awesome to see the pictures and read how much she is loved.

Aunt Diana j. Clothier

Grandma said...

What a wonderful day it was! Mom and Dad worked very hard to make everything perfect for your party, Sweet Ava!! I find it so hard to believe that you are already a great big 1!! I feel so blessed that you are in our lives.
Love you so much...
Grandma